Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Please read this important notice regarding office closure and changes to SamCERA services and programs in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
SamCERA is committed to the safety and health of our members and community, and to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we are implementing several safety precautions in our programs and services.
SamCERA’s office in Redwood City is temporarily closed to walk-in members and the public until further notice. We have suspended face-to-face services and have implemented social distancing practices, following orders and guidance from local and state public health officials.
Programs & Services
- Office Hours – SamCERA’s office in Redwood City is currently closed to walk-in members and the public until further notice. We will try to accommodate members during our closure, while being mindful of the health and safety of our members and employees and adhering to public health guidelines.
- Appointments – Phone and video conference appointments are available upon request. To schedule a new appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 599-1234.
- Financial Planning Classes – Classes will not be held in originally planned meeting locations, but instead will be conducted remotely via webcast. For the most up to date information about our classes, visit www.samcera.org/classes.
- Seminars – If you are registered for an upcoming retirement seminar, SamCERA staff will contact you regarding changes to this program in coming weeks. Please keep an eye on your email and contact us with questions.
- Retirement Benefit Statements - Please note, there will be no interruption of retirement benefit payments to retirees on direct deposit during our office closure. Also, retirement benefit statements will not be mailed during our closure, but can be viewed and printed online at www.mysamcera.org.
- Board of Retirement Meetings - For information about Board of Retirement meetings during the “Shelter-in-Place” order, please visit the Board Meetings page: www.samcera.org/board-retirement-meetings
How to Contact Us & Submit Paperwork
To support social distancing efforts, SamCERA staff are working remotely. Rest assured that we will continue to provide services that you rely on receiving from us, and there will be no interruption of retirement benefit payments to retirees with direct deposit. Also, members and the public may still contact us by phone or email during our normal business hours, Monday-Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- By Phone - To reach SamCERA by phone, call (650) 599-1234 or (800) 339-0761 and leave a message with your contact information. Staff will check this voicemail regularly (every 30 minutes) and calls will be returned as soon as possible during normal business hours.
- By Email – Email email@example.com with questions, comments or to submit paperwork. Staff will be monitoring this email during normal business hours, and it is likely the fastest way to reach us.
- Submitting Paperwork – Please submit forms, applications, and any other SamCERA paperwork by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (650) 591-1488, or by uploading to your account on www.mysamcera.org. If you do not have access to a scanner, we will accept a photograph of your document. Please contact us if you are not able to send paperwork as described in this section, and we will work with you to make accommodations.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary. For the most up to date information about our operations and services, visit: www.samcera.org.
Thank you for your patience, support, and understanding.
Resources & More Information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- San Mateo County Health: https://www.smchealth.org/coronavirus
- County of San Mateo Joint Information Center: https://cmo.smcgov.org/jic