Buying a Home
Location: 455 County Center, Room 101 – Redwood City
This class is recommended for first time home buyers who desire a general overview of how to go about searching for a home, analyzing affordability, financing, offers, contingencies, and closing.
With this class, you will develop a general understanding of the process involved in purchasing a home. By working through interactive course exercises, participants will be better able to monitor their home purchase transaction.
- Identify the costs of home ownership & how much of a home you can afford
- Define important lending terms
- Obtain necessary information about home inspections and contingencies
- Learn to use six essential guidelines when making an offer
- Understand the purchase process
Keith Dorney, CFP® has been an instructor with Financial Knowledge since the year 2000. Conducting personal finance seminars is a natural extension of his previous career helping NFL players with financial planning. His years of experience and engaging smile make his classes truly enjoyable.