Buying a Home
Location: 455 County Center, Room 101 – Redwood City
This class is recommended for first time home buyers who desire a general overview of how to go about searching for a home, analyzing affordability, financing, offers, contingencies, and closing.
With this class, you will develop a general understanding of the process involved in purchasing a home. By working through interactive course exercises, participants will be better able to monitor their home purchase transaction.
- Identify the costs of home ownership & how much of a home you can afford
- Define important lending terms
- Obtain necessary information about home inspections and contingencies
- Learn to use six essential guidelines when making an offer
- Understand the purchase process
Louise Wen, CFP® has always had a passion for helping others understand complex financial topics. Before joining Financial Knowledge in 2014, she helped clients improve their finances through financial literacy classes as well as private coaching at non-profits and community organizations.