How to Choose Financial Professionals
Location: 455 County Center, Room 101 – Redwood City, CA
Participants will gain important skills to better screen and select financial advisors/planners, portfolio managers, brokers and brokerage firms, tax professionals, attorneys, insurance agents, and financial institutions.
- Learn the essential questions to ask before selecting a financial professional and financial institution
- Identify the ways financial professionals get compensated
- Compare brokerage firms and other financial institutions
- Determine what level of service is needed
- Understand the different types of tax professionals
- Discover red flags when choosing financial professionals and financial institutions
- Discuss the meaning and requirements for various professional credentials
- Discover how to perform background checks on financial professionals and institutions
Andrea Roland, CFP® has been in the financial services industry for nearly 20 years. Originally from New Zealand, her world experiences and zest for life make for an engaging and entertaining class experience.
How to Register:
County Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA. This class can count toward your annual 20-hour training target!
Court, Mosquito District & Library Employees: Register on LMS here. If you do not have access or experience any issues, email email@example.com with the name and date of the class that you would like to attend.