Tax Planning Strategies
Location: Online Webcast
Gain a better understanding of tax reduction strategies based on current federal tax law through relevant, real-life illustrations, and workbook exercises. Participants will learn the tax implications affecting retirement, investments, having a personal business outside of regular employment, and charitable giving.
Course materials and instructions will be emailed to all registered members 1-2 days before the date of the class.
- Explore how to expand your options for saving in an employer sponsored retirement plan
- Understand the tax implications of holding company stock in a deferred compensation retirement plan
- Analyze the unique tax saving characteristics of Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Learn the income phaseout ranges that apply to Individual Retirement Accounts and how to navigate towards increasing your Roth IRA accounts for you and your children
- Discuss the tax advantages of some forms of annuities
- Review how to capture losses from investments for a tax advantage including the wash sale rule
- Uncover investments that provide tax advantages through asset location
- Evaluate the tax advantages of education funding vehicles
- Learn how to take advantage of highly appreciated asset donations through a Donor Advised Fund
- Examine the energy and electric vehicle tax credits still available
- Understand the many tax deductions available for small businesses
How to Register:
County & Court Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA. This class can count toward your annual 20-hour training target!
Mosquito District & Library Employees: Register on LMS here. If you do not have access or experience any issues, email email@example.com with the name and date of the class that you would like to attend.