Understanding Federal Income Taxes
Location: Online Webcast
Gain a better understanding of key provisions of the current tax law through relevant, real-life illustrations, and workbook exercises. Participants will learn the tax implications affecting retirement, investments, homes, charitable giving, education, and dependents.
Course materials and instructions will be emailed to all registered members 1-2 days before the date of the class.
- Review the income and capital gains tax rates currently in effect
- Figure taxes using both regular and AMT (alternative minimum tax) calculations
- Navigate clearly through the estimated tax rules
- Identify essential tax planning terms
- Define the contribution and “catch-up” limits for your employer retirement plan
- Distinguish between a Traditional IRA and the Roth IRA
- Determine how investment income from stocks, bonds, and mutual funds is taxed
- Examine the wash sale rule
- Understand IRS home loan interest deduction rules
- Discover what records must be kept to back-up charitable donations
- Distinguish between tax credits and student loan interest deductions for education
- Examine tax credits for children and dependents
How to Register:
County & Court Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA. This class can count toward your annual 20-hour training target!
Mosquito District & Library Employees: Register on LMS here. If you do not have access or experience any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and date of the class that you would like to attend.