Understanding Social Security and Medicare
Location: 455 County Center – Room 101, Redwood City, CA 94063
Learn how to sign-up and receive Medicare and Social Security benefits and how to integrate and maximize those benefits when planning for retirement.
- Learn how to check income history and estimate future Social Security benefits at ssa.gov
- Evaluate Social Security filing strategies while considering your own unique circumstances
- Understand how benefits are calculated and the effects on your fixed monthly payment
- Aggregate Social Security’s cost of living adjustments and possible delayed retirement credits into your retirement planning
- Master Medicare terminology and the different ways to receive Medicare benefits
- Establish your projected Medicare sign-up date in line with your retirement plans
Andrea Roland, CFP® has been in the financial services industry for nearly 20 years. Originally from New Zealand, her world experiences and zest for life make for an engaging and entertaining class experience.
How to Register:
County Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA. This class can count toward your annual 20-hour training target!
Court, Mosquito District & Library Employees: Register on LMS here. If you do not have access or experience any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and date of the class that you would like to attend.