Understanding Social Security and Medicare
Location: Online Webcast
Learn how to sign-up and receive Medicare and Social Security benefits and how to integrate and maximize those benefits when planning for retirement.
Course materials and instructions will be emailed to all registered members 1-2 days before the date of this class.
- Learn how to check income history and estimate future Social Security benefits at ssa.gov
- Evaluate Social Security filing strategies while considering your own unique circumstances
- Understand how benefits are calculated and the effects on your fixed monthly payment
- Aggregate Social Security’s cost of living adjustments and possible delayed retirement credits into your retirement planning
- Master Medicare terminology and the different ways to receive Medicare benefits
- Establish your projected Medicare sign-up date in line with your retirement plans
How to Register:
County & Court Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA. This class can count toward your annual 20-hour training target!
Mosquito District & Library Employees: Register on LMS here. If you do not have access or experience any issues, email email@example.com with the name and date of the class that you would like to attend.