Understanding Social Security and Medicare (Online)
Location: (updated 3/16/20) Online Webcast
Learn how to sign-up and receive Medicare and Social Security benefits and how to integrate and maximize those benefits when planning for retirement.
Course materials and instructions will be emailed to all registered members 1-2 days before the date of this class.
- Learn how to check income history and estimate future Social Security benefits at ssa.gov
- Evaluate Social Security filing strategies while considering your own unique circumstances
- Understand how benefits are calculated and the effects on your fixed monthly payment
- Aggregate Social Security’s cost of living adjustments and possible delayed retirement credits into your retirement planning
- Master Medicare terminology and the different ways to receive Medicare benefits
- Establish your projected Medicare sign-up date in line with your retirement plans
Louise Wen, CFP® has always had a passion for helping others understand complex financial topics. Before joining Financial Knowledge in 2014, she helped clients improve their finances through financial literacy classes as well as private coaching at non-profits and community organizations.
How to Register:
County Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA. This class can count toward your annual 20-hour training target!
Court, Mosquito District & Library Employees: Register on LMS here. If you do not have access or experience any issues, email email@example.com with the name and date of the class that you would like to attend.