Understanding Stocks, Bonds and the Markets
Location: 455 County Center – Room 101, Redwood City, CA 94063
Develop a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of stocks and bonds. In addition, this course will help to simplify the terminology and jargon used by the financial industry.
- Discuss why organizations issue stocks and bonds
- Identify reasons for investing in stocks and bonds
- Summarize important factors that determine stock prices
- List the important stock indexes that measure market performance
- Describe how to read stock and bond quotations
- Review important elements of bonds
- Appraise the meaning of bond ratings
- Extrapolate on how interest rates affect bond investments
- Analyze the risks of owning stocks and bonds
- Identify essential actions to take before making investment decisions
Andrea Roland, CFP® has been in the financial services industry for nearly 20 years. Originally from New Zealand, her world experiences and zest for life make for an engaging and entertaining class experience.
How to Register:
County Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA. This class can count toward your annual 20-hour training target!
Court, Mosquito District & Library Employees: Register on LMS here. If you do not have access or experience any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and date of the class that you would like to attend.