The Road to Retirement
For Members With at Least 5 Years of Service
Like most, you probably have dreams of retiring, but are not sure where to start or if you’re making the right choices. Whether you’re early in your career or thinking about retiring soon, this seminar will help you plan ahead and provide resources to help you prepare for retirement.
Presentations from SamCERA, San Mateo County Benefits, Empower (formerly known as Mass Mutual), and Financial Knowledge will provide you with valuable insight for planning your retirement at any stage of your career and help you successfully navigate your future.
This seminar will cover topics such as:
- How service purchases and upgrades may enhance your benefit
- What to do when life changes happen, such as divorce, beneficiary changes, leaving employment, etc.
- How to calculate your SamCERA retirement benefit
- Life in retirement
- Understanding your medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Taking advantage of your deferred compensation account and use it to plan ahead
- Learn about the estate planning process with an introduction to one of our most popular financial planning classes
How to Register
County & Court Employees: Register on LMS via OKTA.
Library & Mosquito District Employees: Register on LMS or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.